With the food styling competition at hand and only two weeks to go here are some great tips and tricks straight from the Caker to help give you an edge.
First off to enter, just head along to the Caker's website and buy a little entry pack containing an Apricot Almond Rosemary Shortbread mix and your choice of FREE Noble & Savage loose leaf tea! (Seriously #winning here) Bake your shortbread and make a cuppa, styled however you want, and post to social media - you can get as creative as you like. (just be sure to tag us both in the post)
Here is Jordans favourite little Shortbread-trick to get you inspired... DARK-CHOCOLATE DIPPED APRICOT ALMOND ROSEMARY SHORTBREAD
1. Make your Shortbread mix according to the recipe card in your gold box (I like to cut mine into little diamonds).
2. Bake your shortbread for 15 minutes or until golden and allow to cool.
3. Melt 1 cup of your favourite dark chocolate in a glass or metal bowl over a gently simmering pot of water. Make sure the bowl isn't touching the water.
4. Dip your cooled shortbread into your melted chocolate so half of the cookie is covered and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before laying flat on a sheet of non-stick baking paper.
Clockwise from top: Dried Rose petals, sliced almonds, dried Calendula petals, dried blue Cornflowers, crushed pistachios.
5. Sprinkle your shortbread (while the chocolate still hasn't set) with any kind of decorations you have on hand. Rose petals or crushed pistachios work well.
6. Wait for your chocolate to set before eating. These can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Happy baking! xx Jordan - The Caker
And best of all, happy eating from the crew at N&S.